The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post a reply

Bill Aucoin

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I remember from when I was a kid seeing many pictures of Bill Aucoin in photos with the band. So much so, that I really did consider him rather like the fifth member of the group.

Being the KISS nuts we are, maybe I just didn't really pay attention to other groups photographs as much, but I'm wondering......what other managers were always seen near "their group"?

I know in the 80's we saw a lot of Doc Macghee, ironically, but I cannot think of even ONE other.

Re: Bill Aucoin

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Ozzy and his manager:

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Zing, wow that's a good one right off the bat.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:32 pm

wise wrote:Ozzy and his manager:

Ugh! Evil woman! :puker: :double: :pukel:

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKnuTKZH9k

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:11 pm

I'd say Iron Maiden's manager (not sure if he still is), Rod Smallwood. Wendy Dio as well.

And Classy Freddie Blassie. Lol.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Peter Grant and Led Zeppelin
pg.jpg

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Manager, Brian Epstein and the Beatles

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Andrew Loog Oldham - Rolling Stones manager from 1963-1967

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:06 pm

This is the first one that came to mind for me Image

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 pm

And every one you all have posted are for some of the biggest stars ever....so, fair to say KISS and Bill are in that same category? Methinks yes, and just validates my never ending love for this band.

I stuck it out through the lean years, mindlessly defending the group to the non-believers, watched as many pretend diehards slipped away seemingly overnight, and occasionally STILL take crap from people that think KISS is just a novelty.

Up theirs.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 pm

NanooksBlood wrote:And every one you all have posted are for some of the biggest stars ever....so, fair to say KISS and Bill are in that same category? Methinks yes, and just validates my never ending love for this band.

I stuck it out through the lean years, mindlessly defending the group to the non-believers, watched as many pretend diehards slipped away seemingly overnight, and occasionally STILL take crap from people that think KISS is just a novelty.

Up theirs.

Kiss in the same league as The Beatles, The Stones and Elvis Presley?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:36 pm

image.jpg
Yup. As some of the other posters pointed out: Elvis, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin....and Kiss.
But now that I think about it, did we see this kind of thing with 80's bands?
Or were the days of the big "personality managers" a thing of the past by then?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:25 pm

I think these managers were easier to identify, being associated with these legendary bands. I have never considered BA the fifth member, there are many pics but to me he was never very present in the media - I don't remember too many interviews, for example.
Today we still have big shots - Guy Oseary, who's managing U2 and Madonna comes to mind...

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:59 pm

NanooksBlood wrote:I remember from when I was a kid seeing many pictures of Bill Aucoin in photos with the band. So much so, that I really did consider him rather like the fifth member of the group.

How about Neil Bogart? He even had his own makeup! :)

Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:52 am

Fickdich wrote:Andrew Loog Oldham - Rolling Stones manager from 1963-1967

Bottom picture, "The most interesting man in the world".

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:55 am

I highly recommend his two autobiographies. Fantastic books. Oldham lived the 60s and 70s to its fullest. He's got some amazing stories to tell.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:07 am

Bruce Springsteen and Jon Landau.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 am

The Beatles and Allen Klein, also managed the Stones.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm

NanooksBlood wrote:And every one you all have posted are for some of the biggest stars ever....so, fair to say KISS and Bill are in that same category? Methinks yes, and just validates my never ending love for this band.

Up theirs.

I agree 100%. I can't jump ship. Too much of my life invested in KISS. But then again i like Sonic Boom and Monster. But back when my mom and i used to argue quite a bit i would put Alive on a lot. And probably Alive II and others but i remember Alive being more often. Really helped me out. And there are songs from the 80's that were important to me as well. Every era has something special to me. And yes "up theirs".

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:09 am

Irving Azoff was never more than a stone's throw away from The Eagles

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:09 am

Deuce1231 wrote:Irving Azoff was never more than a stone's throw away from The Eagles

Good one, was thinking same thing.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:17 am

Dr Borgo wrote:This is the first one that came to mind for me Image

Yup, Elvis and The Colonel. Easily the biggest.

Fickdich wrote:

Up theirs.

Kiss in the same league as The Beatles, The Stones and Elvis Presley?

Same league?

Not even the same fuckin' sport.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 am

carlos wrote:I'd say Iron Maiden's manager (not sure if he still is), Rod Smallwood.

Rod has always been very close to the guys in Maiden :)

Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Brian Wilson and Eugene Landy. :(

Post a reply